Calculate Your Body Mass Index
What is your ideal weight?
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women.
** BMI does not differentiate between body fat and muscle mass. Therefore, athletes, body builders and people who have a lot of muscle bulk will have a higher BMI but are not overweight or obese.
Women: Desirable body mass is 21-23. Obesity (20 percent above the desirable range) begins at 27.5. Serious obesity (40% above) begins at 31.5.
Men: Desirable body mass is 22 to 24. Obesity begins at 28.5, and serious obesity begins at 33.
* The National Institutes of Health guidelines
Tips to stay healthy!
1. Subscribe to the Campbell Medical Report, like us on facebook, or follow @CampbellUrgent on twitter for tips for a healthy lifestyle.
2. Start your day with breakfast.
3. Excercise... walk, bike, jog or workout at least 30 minutes/day.
4. Refuel your energy with health snacks
5. Balance your food choices. Don't eat too much of one thing. Be smart about how often and how much you eat sweats or fast food. Your body needs nutrients like protein, carbohydrates, fat and many different vitamins and minerals such as vitamins C and A, iron and calcium from a variety of foods.
6. Eat more grains, fruits and vegetables. They taste good and give you a lot of energy.
7. Join in physical activities with friends and family. This will make you feel good, look good and stay fit!
Some health consequences of overweight and obesity for adults include hypertension, type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke, gallbladder disease, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea and respiratory problems, some cancers (endometrial, breast, and colon) and other illnesses.
Why Choose Campbell:
- Just walk in. No appointment necessary.
- Open extended hours
- Shorter waiting times
- On Site Lab
- X-Ray Services Available
- We accept most insurances
Dr Bazzi ... is great with patients and has a sense of humor doctors no longer carry these days. 2 thumbs up! RJ
I was so comfortable with the staff that I moved over to having Dr. Shaya as my primary care physician. KD
Dr. Maki was very good in explaining what was going on, and less than 3 days later I had gotten rid of a cough that I had previously had for more than a month. Lilly
WONDERFUL!!!! The staff and Dr. were really great. Dawn
Sun protection is important year round. Avoid outdoor activities during midday, cover up with clothing and a wide-brimmed hat, drink plenty of cool, non-alcoholic fluids and wear SPF 15+ sunscreen.